Senior Java Backend Developer
We believe that we can make the online world a better place if we make use of all the data that is currently just lying around.
Join us to do just that by building backend for Booster – AI based personalization tool which is already improving biggest ecommerce sites in Czech Republic and expanding to the whole Europe. Our clients love it because it generates them more revenue and we love it because it brings better and more meaningful internet space for everyone.
You will be responsible for developing, improving and creating backend services, working with billions of data records and distributed systems. We build our systems to scale and automate so we can focus on the new interesting stuff.
The team is small, composed of skilled, self-motivated and high-performing people, who share their know-how with one another. You will be a very welcomed new team member.
In Databreakers you‘ll be using latest technologies and become a part of the team that is directly influencing tools and methods we use on daily basis. We are looking forward to hear your ideas and improvements, because we want to use the best technologies whatever we’re working on.APPLY NOW
OUR TECH STACK INCLUDES
- Java, Spring
- Distributed SQL database, Elasticsearch
- APIs and Micro-Service Architecture
- REST, GraphQL
- Automated deployment
- Git, Docker
YOU SHOULD BE EXPERT IN
- Software design patterns
- Query and database optimizations
- Designing services and programming with big data in mind
- Writing scalable applications
- Agile development
- Writing a clean code is a must
- You are responsible and communicative - things do not always go as planned, but we can always solve problems by proactive communication
- We need you to be a good team player, but you should also be able to solve problems independently and be productive when working by yourself
- You deliver results, provide constructive criticism and suggest improvements
- You challenge things and come up with solutions
- You believe that everything is possible
WHAT YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH
- Everything runs in our private DCOS cloud.
- Deploy/manage services with 2 clicks or one API call.
- We use one of the fastest distributed SQL databases (the production cluster has over 3TB RAM and 200 computing cores).
- NoSQL databases like Elasticsearch or influxDB.
- Distributed microservices architecture for scalability and sustainability.
- Real-time services that perform 100 times more complex computations than other IT systems 10 times faster.
- Services processing billions of interactions.
- Programming languages - Java
- Machine learning stack
- Internal services that manage thousands of predictive models and select the best ones.
- General AI optimization of structure and parameters of all other systems for their automatic maintenance and improvement.
- General design of algorithms and methods enabling us to create new data driven products in a few months.
- Frontend and visualization
- Visualization of a large amount of information for our customers and our internal needs.
- Free startup environment in the best sense, no strict corporate rules – work as you like, if you deliver results
- Close daily cooperation with company founders and rest of the team
- Have a say in how things are done and be heard is appreciated
WE ARE DATA VISIONARIES
- We at DataBreakers believe that everything in this world can be driven by data - retail, marketing, logistics, government - everything. We do our best to prove that to others and help companies to work with their data. ...be the one too.
- If this is something that resonates with you, send us an e-mail to email@example.com or apply here on this page. Resumes are fine, but your own words describing what would you like to do and why with code samples are even better.
Just come meet us
We make the impossible happen quite often, but we also fail and learn. Not going to lie, it might not be for everybody.
Our energy will either draw you in and make you thrive, or kick you out. There is only one way to find out which one it is going to be.
Don’t forget to check your inbox tomorrow.